Friday 27 October 2006

Glimpses of my future

I love it when my mum calls me and then puts the dog on for me to have a conversation with.

Mum: You galavanting?
Me: No
Mum: You going to be galavanting?
Me: Well, I'm going to the cinema later to see this film 'Step Up' [getting more animated and excited] about a guy who's like on parole or something and he starts working at a dance school and then become the partner of one of the dancers for the big show!
Mum: This isn't one of you're Polish films is it?
Me: Polish?!
Mum: All arty with subtitles and that
Me: Does it sound anywhere nearly approaching Polish or arty? It has hip hop dancing in parking lots and a 'big show' at the end. This is basically the plot of Sister Act 2 but with dancing instead of singing.
Mum: Well I know what you're like. We both do dont we amby-bamby [insert mindless baby talk to dog here concluding with...] do you want to speak to her too?
Me: ...

And so it goes.

No comments: