Thursday 7 July 2005

Why I love children

Today was my last official day working as an art technician in a secondary school. We took all the Year 7's and 8's on a trip to the Natural History Museum and saw (amongst other things) the earth works, the insectorium, the human biology exibit and the dinosaur display. When I asked my group what their favourite part of the day had been most of them answered 'lunch' and a few rare souls replied 'the gift shop'. Kids are awesome.

When I got home my brother had organised a 'parade' in my honour. This consisted of him holding a piece of A4 paper that read 'Go' and another piece of A4 paper that read 'Saz'. He then 'do-do-doo-ed' a song for me. That too was awesome.

Maybe the world doesn't suck as hard as my misanthropic outlook would have me believe.

No comments: