Friday 15 July 2005

Yin and Yang

Why I Am Rubbish:
1. I can't cut onions. Literally, it's not that they make me cry or anything sappy it's just that I physically cannot cut them up in a satisfactory way (even though I've been cookin' like a pro since the age of 12).
2. I have weird sneezes that sound like a cat (although some people seem to find this endering).
3. I have to make a thousand to-do lists everyday because I forget stuff so easily.
4. I lose contact with friends as regularly as some people have showers.
5. I am clumsy to the point of incompetance and embarrass myself on a daily basis.

Why I Rock:
1. I can talk to anyone and find common ground. For instance, a random man in a random pub in Cardiff who happened to randomly comment that Sister Act 2 was his favourite film. Who else but me would wholeheartedly concur that it is brilliant?
2. I have a rotation of 'shower songs'. Today's song is 'Shout' by Lulu.
3. I fall in love at least two times a day for reasons such as 'he had customised his shoes with felt lovehearts'
4. Babies stare at my face constantly and consistantly wherever I go. I'm not entirely sure that it's a good thing (and it kind of freaks me out) but I do enjoy being this century's version of the Pied Piper (not the 'Lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it' DJ Pied Piper. The fairytale Pied Piper).
5. I have a life B-Plan in case this one falls through for whatever reason (e.g. I become embroiled in a Russian spy plot or something). It involes me changing my name to Doris Kapowlski and moving to Chicago to be a sassy diner waitress.

I think this is conclusive proof that the universe naturally balances itself to make sure I (and everyone else) never tip the scales of rubbishness and rockingness too far in either direction. Otherwise there would be chaos and anarchy, and who wants that? Except for anarchists.

No comments: