Friday 3 February 2006

It's always best to face these kind of things with a sense of poise and rationality

You know how often I impress myself with my supreme awesomness? Yeah, like 10 maybe sometimes 12 times a day. Yesterday I caught even myself off guard with how amazing I can be when I realised I had started hoovering my flat on Saturday afternoon and didn't finish until Wednesday night. That's FOUR WHOLE DAYS. We are not even talking about a huge amount of ground to cover - probably about 5 square metres IN TOTAL. If indeed that! The hoover was also left plugged in for the entire time. This may not sound like a big deal to you rock n roll superstars out there (which I imagine all my readers to be) but I'm a control freak. I'm the sort of person that likes having my stationary items lined up at 90 degrees (or 45 if I'm feeling sassy). I hope this isn't the sort of slippery slope that lead Pete Doherty into crack and heroin addiction. One day your leaving a hoover in the middle of your floor and tripping over the cable without ever considering, you know, moving the thing. Next day you're hanging out in some Dalston drug den with a needle hanging out of your arm and pupils the size of saucers. I'll keep you updated on this but it's possible that I'm just over-reacting about the possible implications at the moment.

So I've found the perfect motivational tool to having a good a good gym workout - pure unadulterated anger. Trouble is I don't get mad that often but so it was I found myself on Monday evening. Now my problem is how do I acheive that again? The issue on Monday was boy-shaped and now we're worked that out. The things that make me annoyed are more often than not fleeting and stupid. For instance boys that dress as if they've copied e-x-a-c-t-l-y what the mannequins in River Island windows were wearing or The Chuckle Brothers having their own tv show whilst I am still languishing in obscurity. However, I guess if I don't want to have a heart attack by the time I'm 40 then maybe it's best I don't 'hulk up' too often.

My obsession with soup has returned. I literally can't get enough of it. I was reminded the other day about the first time I went to the cinema with my friend Chloe and bought some soup. She seems to think this is hilarious, even to this day. However, I still don't get what the big deal is. I hadn't had my tea and I'd made some delicious tomato and red onion soup that I knew would provide a satisfying and hearty meal. IS THAT SO WRONG? I wouldn't be so offended but she took Quorn Turkey slices to the film. Now THAT is wacky. Judge me if you're a regular popcorn or hot dog fanatic. Fine. Yes you're 'normal' - well done. But if you're taking in Quorn Turkey slices then judge not lest ye be judged lil missy.
Yay! It's Friday! The IT Crowd starts tonight! A sitcom written by Chris Morris and Graham Lineham. Starring a skinny geeky weird man with BIG HAIR and a chubby grumpy hairy man with an IRISH ACCENT. Co-starring (for at least one episode a piece) Noel Fielding and Adam Buxton. Even if it's not as funny as I hoped I'm going to be hooked. This I know already. It's like everything I love about the world all in one place. Channel 4 with this televisual delight you are really spoiling us.
Finally, I am now a certified 'Jimi-fan'. I hope you all realise what an honour this is and the struggles it's taken me to finally achieve such greatness. I'd like to thank my parents who have always supported me and a big shout out to my brother for having constantly mocked me since he gained the power of speech. I don't know why but I'm sure that's helped.

No comments: