Tuesday 18 July 2006

Memories both misty and water coloured

Seven years after finishing school (JESUS CHRIST!) I was out on a Friday night watching a local band (who you should totally check out) and faced a room full of people who had been through the whole shambolic mess of the teenage educational experience with me. After politely deciding (from both sides) that acknowledgement of me would just make everyone uncomfortable I settled on quietly ripping the piss out of them all until the loudest one finally attained the right level of drunkeness to approach me with a 'You're Sarah aren't you?'. He then proceeded to kiss me on the cheek about 15 times and wished me well on my adventures through life (I'm paraphrasing). This is someone that would never even have given me the time of day when I was 15.
Lessons Learned: The secret to popularity lies in wearing a pencil skirt and a low cut top.

No comments: