Saturday 5 August 2006

Don't bust my chops

Umm... What happened to my blog? MSNGod has been playing silly buggers and made it look all different to my eyes without my expressed permission.
MSNGod is going to pay. Oh he'll pay. Somehow. I don't know how.
I'm technically unemployed now. It's awesome. Against all expectations and indeed, going contrary to every fibre in my being, I have actually been doing something with my time that doesn't involve watching J.Lo and early 90's romcoms on the movie channels. This has meant I got a TAN. When I say 'tan' I mean I have been collecting freckles at an alarming rate and am slightly less alabaster white than usual. Still, for me, this can be considered an achievement. Normally I stay as white as white can be due to my prediciltation for spending warm summer days indoors and the fact that my half-Irish blood finds sunlight to be toxic. The only thing is, I'm bored of wearing summer clothes now. I want to buy a new coat and be able to wear snazzy slacks without boiling myself to death. I can't even successfully commit to a season without wanting what I can't have. No wonder I'm so bad at relationships with real live people.
In a surprising turn of events my black dog has decided to hate me less and I think a truce has been called in the war she was waging. We have bonded over the hamster we are looking after for a friend while she's on holidays. Together we sit and stare into the cage waiting to catch a glimpse of this, so far, elusive creature. Apparently it's called 'Lulu' but I've decide to call her 'Miss Barry'. Miss Barry does not want to be seen. I have yet to be convinced that she's not a Sabrina hamster that can disappear and reappear on demand. Why does Miss Barry not want me to see her? What is she hiding? Black dog and I have been discussing this night after night for the past week trying to figure it out. We havent reached any conclusions yet. Mostly due to the fact that we don't speak the same language and, as neither of us is a hamster, it's difficult to get an insight into the hamster mind.

No comments: