Thursday 25 May 2006

Oh dear.

It happened. I let my guard down and watched a bit of Big Brother at a friend's house and even though I was sheilding my dignity and self-worth and, most importantly, my eyes, with a magazine held firmly in front of my face so that I couldn't be affected by the events beaming out of the tellybox... I couldn't help myself from being dragged in and then... I fell in love. With the one who has tourettes, Pete. Yes. When I first saw the hat I was suspicious. 'Only 'wacky' people wear hats inside. I hate wacky people'. And then, I saw his face and then he's all adorable like a twitchy little puppy and it happened. I love him.

Now I'm in a dilemna. Do I go back on everything I believe about it being sick and wrong to watch this show, all for the man I love, who has volunteered to be involved in a project that stands for everything I hate? Or do I give in to love and watch but end up loathing myself? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Oh. And I love Russel Brand. I once saw him in H&M (or 'ash et mmm' as the cool people - i.e. me - pronounce it) on Oxford Street. He is very tall and his face has sharp angles and he is very hairy. He talks like a cockney street urchin from 1897 and dresses like a gay man from 1974. All these things are obviously excellent. My only quibble is that he needs to lay off the eye liner a bit.. Ok Russel we get it. You're 'kooky' and 'out there' and 'cool'. Now sit still, stop rummaging through my make up bag and be quiet for five minutes. Then I may consider going out with you. If you are lucky. In my dreams.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love 'laundry day'. I can look like a smacked up crack whore and it be ok as whomever asks the question 'what the fuck do you think you're wearing' is normally pacified as I smile sweetly, shrug my shoulders and say with a nod and a wink 'laundry day' . 'Ahh' they sympathise, smile back and we both continue on our merry way. God bless laundry day. The fact that I'm always claiming it's laundry day is neither here nor there. As long as no one calls me on it. Then I might have to move on to the 'i'm on class A drugs' excuse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dissertation proposal has been approved and I have a supervisor that's already failed to answer any of my emails, joy, so come next semester I will be conducting a 'Qualitative Analysis on the Attitudes Towards Rape'. The most exciting thing about this of course is that I will be buying new stationary. Sweet mother of pearl how much do I love buying new stationary? A lot is the answer to that.

No comments: