Sunday 7 May 2006

Who woulda thought

Yesterday I had an hour to kill (in a surprising turn of events due to my life normally being the dictionary definition of hustle and bustle, she lied) so decided to order a large latte in Costa coffee. It turned out to be the size of an 8 month old babies head. It was spigging HUGE. Despite the visual I had that I was now actually drinking brains from a baby skull it didnt stop me finishing said latte and contiuing upon my merry way.

Later that evening I went and saw a ska (pfft) band at the Astoria. This being the year of not turning down any oppotunity to try something new I reluctantly agreed to go and guess what? I actually enjoyed myself

There. I said it. It helped that they were actually some kind of 'wacky' (yes I used the term wacky) covers band that did a fine line in between songs banter 'Thanks for clapping, you guys are so great. I wish I could quit you!'. I didnt really understand why they dressed as cowboys for the show and then as accountants-on-vacation (think toned down Toadfish leisure wear) for the encore. I'm assured it was all part of their 'schtick'. If thats the case then I'll go with it, I've actually lost count at how many things I've claimed are part of my 'schtick' or are my 'mission statement' now.

No comments: