Wednesday 28 June 2006

Why I don't tell my mum things

Why I don't tell my mum things.

Oh happy day! My Nintendo DS Lite (in Crystal White, though I would have preferred the Japanese Navy version I wasnt going to spend £36.79 on postage) and my games have arrived and it's made the fact that my brother and my future sitcom writing partner have gone to visit MY Fred in Austrailia WITHOUT ME. Damn kids. Anyway, this is why I shouldn't tell my mum about my life...

Mum - You're chirpy this afternoon. Chirpy for you at any rate
Me - I'm a Bobbing Bobcat [this relates to an internet test I'd taken earlier in the day - here]
Mum - hmm... I wouldn't go quite that far
Me - No. I am. The internet said. The internets never lies. [cue eyebrow raise and pursed lips from the mother]. I am also happy because I have got all my games for my new beautiful DS. It's awesome. I can't stop playing Tetris, theres about 50 billion different versions of it all in one. It's a bit like how I imagine heaven but with less harp music and more plink plink brrr music.
Mum - I didn't know you were into geeky games
Me - I like puzzle games and I like cute cartoon platform games, sometimes i like racing games
Mum - You are a surprise sometimes... geek [said with a mock cough from behind her hand]
Me - What? I'm not a geek. I'm cool. Look at me. See?
Mum - Peering into a tiny screen hurting your thumb muscles. That makes you a geek, 100 per cent, through and through.. like a stick of rock
Me - You shush, you dont know what the hell you're talking about
Mum - You are wrong. I am hip hoppity up to date. I know a geek when I see one
Me - I'm going to smash your face in. Now go away.
Mum - You wuv me really
Me - Do I? You keep telling yourself that.

[cue 37 minutes of pouting and crying and assurances that Yes I do love her really and No, I wouldn't ever try and beat her up. Mum's are exhausting]

No comments: