Saturday 13 August 2005

Who loves orange soda?

People at my new job scare me. Well, everyone who is my age-ish scares me. All the boys have the same hair, its kind of sticky uppy bordering on mullet-y. Some have highlights. This sort of thing scares me. All the girls look like they have been rooting around in Oxfam after Sienna Miller has dropped off a bag of her cast offs. This sort of thing scares me.

I know I sound like a total snob but its not what they all look like or choose to wear, it's that they have chosen to copy each other. I tend to freak out when I feel like I'm in a remake of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (but then, I also get scared when I see gaggles of geese strutting around the place. I may not be the best judge of when it is, or is not, appropriate to be scared). Let's just say that I don't think my new job will be the place to find a delightful young man who reads books (as opposed to FHM or Nuts), listens to The Smiths and enjoys witty repartee. It's just a hunch.

In other news, my brother's mate is staying with us before he emigrates to Australia next month. He's a nice enough lad but he's already tried to use the tv remote to mute me. Why does everyone that stays in my house for more than a week attempt to use a tv remote to mute me?! I thought that people liked incessent chatter? Oh they don't? That would explain a LOT...

And finally, here's proof if further proof were needed of how cool I really am:
1. I went to see Herbie: Fully Loaded this afternoon. By myself. I was surrounded by 13-year-olds but my girl crush on Lidsey Lohan is too strong to ignore. Plus it had that geeky kid from Jeepers Creepers and Dodgeball. I love geeky boys.
2. I am doing an online murder mystery game based around a fake pop star's death. Yes really. Here's the link...http://www.bbc.co.uk/jamiekane/ Don't worry. It has been pointed out to me that I am one step away from becoming the sort of individual that plays Dungeons and Dragons. That would be one step too far even for me. No offence anyone but... well, really.

No comments: