Thursday 14 September 2006

That's how I roll

I've had the Sanford and Son theme song in my head for near on 43 hours now. All thanks to this.

I don't think I've helped the situation by making it my new ringtone.

Because I know this has been bothering a lot of you for quite a while now here is a list of reasons why I could never become Quincy:
- I get squeamish at the words 'seeping' and 'moist' (even typing them out and then re-reading that makes me feel physically sick).
- I can't touch dead things (this includes daddy-long-legs and moths that have perished on my hallway carpet).
- Living on a boat would mean I would be sick approximately seven times a day (even though his boat was anchored in a harbour just looking at a boat makes me queasy).
- If people didn't believe my theories for that particular week... I mean, for a particular 'case'... then I would have to bring up the fact that I was right EVERY OTHER SINGLE TIME BEFORE. Why didn't Quince ever mention that: 'Look, I know it's a bit out there to suggest X/Y/Z but seriously, dudes, have I ever been wrong about this shit? Let's stop playing silly buggers here just accept that whatever I say is fact and let me get back to banging whatever hot mamma I've currently got on the go'. I'm sure that's all it would have taken.

It's a fairly short list but unfortunately it was comprehensive enough to stop me from pursuing my childhood ambitions. I think, if we are being sensible, then mostly it's the second bullet point that is the biggest hindrance to becoming a pathologist/medical examiner.

Luckily I have found my new calling in life: Finding a well-paid job that involves having to play Sing Star all day. You might suggest living life on the road and making money from Karaoke competitions ala 'Duets' (yes, of course I saw that movie. It had Huey Lewis in it) but I can't actually 'sing' per se, I just seem to be quite good at keeping in time and in pitch (which is all that counts in Sing Star). Hmm, this might require some more thought.

No comments: